Transfer Your Existing Number
In most cases, we can transfer your existing fax numbers to MetroFax. The process is called “porting” your number. It’s the easiest way to provide a seamless transition to online Internet faxing without interrupting customer communication.
Why Transfer Your Number to Metrofax?
No need to inform customers of a new number as you transition to MetroFax.
Zap Busy Signals
Your MetroFax number can accept multiple faxes simultaneously.
Eliminate the dedicated phone line charge without reprinting your business cards or stationery.
No more paper, ink, or toner cartridges to buy or fax machines to maintain.
How It Works
1. Confirm with your current telecommunications provider that your existing number is eligible for transfer. Transferring numbers that are associated with DSL services might risk unintended cancellations of other circuits or lines due to the porting process. Make sure you verify that transferring the number will not affect other services or contractual obligations you have with your current provider.
2. If your number is eligible for transfer, send an email message to email@example.com. We’ll contact you with information on how to complete the transfer request form.
3. After you complete and return the form to us, MetroFax contacts your previous provider to complete the transfer.
The transfer process typically takes 10–14 business days. It is very important that you do not change or cancel your service with your current provider during the transfer process, as it will automatically cancel your request.
When the transfer is complete, there is a one-time $24.95 charge. Discounts are available for the transfer of multiple numbers.
What if I Can't Transfer My Existing Number?
You still can enjoy the ease and value of MetroFax. Your options include:
- Sign up for a new local or toll-free number, and then disconnect your existing number.
- Keep your existing service, but add call forwarding through your current provider to redirect faxes to your new MetroFax number.