Most Common FAQ’s
Below are the most frequently asked questions about MetroFax. If you can’t find the answer to your question, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to sign a long-term contract?
No, but we won’t mind if you want to stay. You can pay monthly or save even more with an annual plan. There are no cancellation or termination fees.
Can I send faxes internationally?
Absolutely! You can send faxes to nearly anywhere in the world. Before you begin faxing internationally, you must enable international service. Logon to the MetroFax Dashboard to enable international faxing or to review the MetroFax International Rate Sheet.
Can I manage my account online?
Yes. The MetroFax Dashboard is a secure website where you can send and receive faxes, as well as update account information, administer multiple accounts, configure email and SMS delivery of incoming faxes, check how many pages are remaining in your plan’s monthly allotment, and much more.
Can I keep my existing fax number?
In most cases, your existing fax number can be transferred to MetroFax. It’s the easiest way to provide a seamless transition to online Internet faxing without interruption to your customers.
There are several options to continue using your existing fax number.
- Transfer (also known as porting) your existing fax number to MetroFax. Read more about porting.
- If you cannot transfer your number from your existing provider, you can add call forwarding so that your faxes are redirected to your MetroFax service.
- Can several people share the same fax number?
Yes. Each MetroFax account can have up to 10 email addresses associated with the account at no additional charge. You can add alternate email addresses that you use, or add the email address for an assistant or other co-workers that use the same fax account.
Note: More than 10 email addresses can be added for a small monthly fee.
- Can I receive multiple faxes simultaneously?
- Yes. This is one of the great benefits of MetroFax. Your fax number is always ready to accept incoming faxes — there are no busy signals.
- How do I send a fax?
- How do I receive a fax?
- How secure are my faxes?
- The MetroFax Dashboard offers a password-protected SSL-encrypted website where you can logon at any time to send and receive faxes. We also offer TLS encryption for email messages.
- Can I send to more than one fax number at a time?
- Yes. There is a maximum of 250 recipients when faxing from email (subject to the maximum recipient limits of your email program and mail service provider) or a maximum of 50 recipients when you use the MetroFax Dashboard.
- Is my page allotment per page or per minute?
- MetroFax plans are based on pages. Unlike some other services, there are no transmission time charges. No matter how long a page takes to send, there’s never an extra charge.